Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Maitelates!

It seems that I’ve been bak-ing, chocolate-ing and dulce de leche-ing forever (yes add those verbs to your dictionary), but no my friends. I’m actually celebrating my very first year selling Alfajores at the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market, and the fact that I’ve gotten to meet and know so many wonderful people (sooooo many and soooooooo wonderful).

Happy Birthday Maitelates!

What an amazing roller coaster these 365 days have been!! It's been, and still is, phenomenal! And to celebrate such an amazing personal achievement – I made it to my first year!! – I have created a new flavor that means a lot to me:

Dulce Peanut is my personal twist and combination of nor only flavors, but also textures, cultures, backgrounds and tastes. I borrowed the most delicious and natural peanut butter from the country that has been my home for these last 5 years, and added a touch of my sweet handmade Dulce de Leche. The mix of these two, plus the crunchiness of the biscuits, and that good chocolate melting in your mouth… well, you can imagine. Or find out for yourself!

Come celebrate with me this first (of many more to come) anniversary at the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market and taste one (or many) of my new Dulce Peanut Alfajores. Ask for the “alfajor especial,” because these are, indeed, VERY special. I guarantee a smile. . .

Muchas gracias for a wonderful first year!! Gracias Verito por la foto linda !!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zorionak Maite!

Rose Sepulveda said...

Felicitaciones Maite!!!! Y que cumpleas muchos mas...
besos

Unknown said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Maite(lates)!

My life has changed significantly since you showed up at the Market -- for the better!

Miyechi said...

Congratulations love! I'm infinitely proud of you. You are an inspiration. Miss you and wish you the best!