Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The recipe of the day


I just spent three days in San Francisco, exploring, tasting and getting lost amongst its food, its people, its hills and fantastic colors. And hey! I was pleased to see our local producers featured all over the Bay Area. I saw Zingerman’s yummy products, Al Dente Pasta, and yes, Maitelates! I’m still digesting all I discovered, all I tasted, and all I was lucky enough to experience. And if I take forever to process what I learned (which may definitely happen), there’s one thing that I won’t be able to get over: a magnificent recipe. 
•a few cups of love for food
•a handful of traditions
•mix well with a tablespoon of persistence
a lot of ounces of hard work
Blend well, believe in it, and voila, success will always rise in the oven…
And I mean tasty, delicious, nice glossy success, the success that you share over a coffee, the one that you make available to your community, by example, so that others can be inspired to try, and even follow, the recipe with their own twist!
Thank you Cristina (Kika’s Treat), Stephanie (Coco-Luxe), Brook (Dragonfly Cakes), Guisell (Sabores del Sur), Claire (Claire Squares), Caleb (La Cocina), Robert (Tcho) and the Foodzie team, for making my trip worth a LOT. Thanks for sharing your stories, your ideas, your amazing  products and your good energy. Now it is my turn to put everything together, and share what I’ve learned with my friends, my family, and my community here in Ann Arbor!

No comments: