Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Best of 2009!

Before even thinking of starting 2010, I just want to honor the great 2009 that just passed. Here are my very own best of 2009!

Let’s start from the start. Maitelates began, featuring only one Dulce de Leche flavor, and during 2009 expanded to NINE!!!! Special thanks to all those brains (and palates) that helped in the developing and creation of the beautiful variety available today: Dulce de Leche, Coffee, Roasted Almond, Coconut, White Chocolate, Strawberry, Michigan Cherry, Quince, and Dulce Peanut.

Personally, 2009 had a bumpy beginning. My family in Chile was dealing with the worst nightmare possible. Then, a miracle showed up and everything turned into peace and joy… July. To celebrate the good news People Magazine randomly mentioned that my Alfajores were the best cookies that a Hollywood star had ever eaten. After that, Maitelates jumped from Ann Arbor to the Moon! December.

I started the year with a handbag full of 12 friends. I finished it with a big bag full of many hundreds of friends, and love them all! Need a friend? Go to the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market and find many! Or go to Wild Swan Theater, or go to my neighbors, or go meet the Nemeth’s, or ask for Barbara at the YMCA. Good people!! My favorite! (After those two other favorite ones that I get to see every day and I also get to chase protecting the Alfajores FROM THEM.)

Gratefulness, that is how I remember the good 2009. Awesome year, awesome moments. Thank you all for being a part of it! Thank you!

Congratulations to Ben, the winner of our December 09 Breakfast at Ronald McDonald House Raffle. Enjoy the big big big box of Maitelates!--------->


No comments: