Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Monday, April 6, 2009

A hard day...

For the first time, I had a very hard day at the market.
There were flowers all over the place and the sun was shining. Also, Sheryl started my morning with the best raspberry muffin and Brian did an amazing job selling many, many alfajores, Despite all this, though, there was a sadness hanging over the market...

Richard, the old smiley farmer sitting in Carol's car, wasn't there. His eyes were closed, his hands were tired, and his smile was gone. Carol, trying to be strong, said that there's not much to do; I fell to pieces...
We are not ready to let him go. I am not ready to let him leave!!! It's Richard! The lovely old man always sitting in Carol's car, smiling and waving at everyone. For the first time while working, I cried and cried and couldn't stop crying.

This market is way more than just the
place where I sell my products. This market and these farmers are my family, Pedro's family! And it is just awfully hard and sad to see Richard shutting his smile down... I wish all the best to him and I hope with all my heart to see him next Saturday sitting there... If not, I will always be thankful for his smile and I'll never forget his strong, loving hands.

Special thanks to you, Carol, for all these years of caring and taking care of him.... you've been amazing!!!!!

No comments: