Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Helen, the good Helen

Helen is the name of one of my favorite customers at the Farmer’s Market. She is the sweetest person ever! Week after week, she visits me and makes my Saturday even better! She never leaves without getting her favorite Alfajor: Coconut. Again, she is the sweetest, and another reason why I love doing what I do.
A few weeks ago Helen went on vacation, and guess what she brought all the way down to the Virgin Islands from Ann Arbor? Yes! Alfajores! Check out the gorgeous pictures! One of the things I admire the most from Helen is her constant smile; one of the things I envy the most about her is how fit and healthy she looks and is! The secret? She eats good things (I can do that!) and she runs (I stopped doing that around 15 years ago…). Well, thanks to Helen’s inspiration, and against all odds, a couple of mornings ago I put on sneakers, and I ran. Too bad I had to stop after 7 minutes… I thought I was going to die. But hey! Who said it was going to be easy! I’m an expert in getting myself into difficult things! A little more than a year ago, I started a small business that had no shape at all… little by little, with an enormous amount of personal and community effort, I made it to this point, where my Maitelates are recommended in national magazines and TV shows! (go and get the April issue of Cooking Light, they look SO CUTE!!!) Therefore, if my Alfajores were able to get to this point, my body will be able to run a Marathon one day… With, that thought in mind and with tons of good advice from another couple of favorite Arboritans, I got up today, put on my sneakers, and ran. This time, I made it to 18 minutes and didn’t die! I wish you could see my smile… Thanks Helen!!!!! Thanks Barbara!!!! Thanks Michael!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahaahahahahaahahahaha the cook runner!!!!!!!!!!!!! jijijijijijiji

Max said...

Great pictures! Alfajores and beautiful beaches... what a great vacation combo!

Pablo Recabal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pablo Recabal said...

It is nice when you change your habits because people inspire you. You inspire me :)