Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Once upon a star!


My heart almost dropped when I saw my Maitelates Alfajores featured in the center of the CBS Early Morning Show table on Tuesday, as they displayed online Valentine’s gifts.
All of these images came to my mind at once: I thought about the moments when I used to watch my relatives stirring the pot of hot sugary milk; I thought of all those hours in the kitchen by myself baking, dipping, and wrapping; I thought of the people supporting this dream of becoming a real ALFAJORIER (yes, I’ve invented the word for what I am!); I thought of the day my first cookie was sold (to Rebecca!) at the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market; I thought of my family; I was just happy. Wow! To be honest, I couldn’t really hear the lady talking about these good Valentine’s gift ideas. I was just looking at the table, and staring at the center plate full of Maitelates. Was it really happening?? Someone told me once that one day I was going to be famous. I laughed then. I will never be famous, but I’m glad my Alfajores are. They are the stars of this show, and I’m loving it! Thank you Ann Arbor, Chile, and Richmond, for your love and support. We made it!
I’ll be having a Special Valentine Gift for you this upcoming Saturday at the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market. Guess what Organic Stone Ground Chocolate I’ll be featuring… Yes!!! TAZA! Come, get your Maitelates Taza Special Edition this Saturday: feel, taste, and share the love!

4 comments:

Cookie Monster said...

Alfajor cookie?

Me like cookie.

Me try; cookie me Valentine.

Om nom nom nom nom! Om nom nom! Nom nom!

Delectable.

Where me box cookies go?

Me ready for new Valentine.

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS!Though let me say I am not surprised.Your alfajores are amazing!Your hard work has paid off.Keep making more.

a cookie lover

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! The alfajores look great on TV.... now to Hollywood.... Congrats

Anonymous said...

I just had time to read your blog--it is so joyful and spirited, like you! And you and your family deserve all the good things that are happening to you--and much, much more!