Visit Us At WWW.MAITELATES.COM

Friday, August 21, 2009

If you don’t have a dream..


My dear friend Dan and I can talk forever about one of my favorite Latin-American authors, Julio Cortázar. This writer is a genius and has an amazing ability to play with you, taking your imagination to other places, other times, turning the illogical into perfect logic. Throughout his stories you just lose control letting yourself enjoy and live the impossible. Fascinating!

Each time I hear something nice about my alfajores, somehow I experience the same adrenaline and emotion of being part of a story that seemed to be impossible, illogical, pure fiction. It’s unbelievable how in this short amount of time my dream of bringing a little taste of my culture, and helping my family at the same time, became to reality. And yes, sometimes I feel like I’m in the middle of a dream, and I’m afraid of waking up, but as I learned with Cortazar, I just let myself enjoy and live this sweet ‘impossibility’ called Maitelates. Special thanks to my loving husband Matias who never ever stopped believing and supporting me.

See you tomorrow at the market!

2 comments:

Mara Pastor said...

Hola! qué bueno que tienes blog! Me paso mañana por el mercado. Saludos, :)

Mara

Brian said...

When people bite into an alfajor, and their vision becomes unfocused, and they are transported to another place. . .

The power of Words. Not much different from the power of Food. Good Food. Food Made With Love.

That's Why.